Hey pixels! Maybe you’re not going to believe me, but this has been my first time eating avocados. Sad? Yes, because I’m in love with them now. I could have been eating avocados all my life… But I don’t have time to complain about that, I’m busy buying more avocados and looking for more recipes…
To eat avocados for the first time, I’ve chosen this pasta recipe, because you know, my happy pixels: I love pasta dishes. So, when I found this avocado pesto recipe I felt happiness. And the best part is that you can make the sauce while cooking the pasta, so the dish is ready in no time. I heat a bit the sauce, because it’s Winter: no time for cold sauces, but I’m pretty sure this recipe is perfect for Summer too, if you don’t heat the sauce. Rembember that tip when warmer temperatures arrive, my happy pixels!!
- 1 cup penne pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe avocados, pitted
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- optional: cherry tomato halves to decorate
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a food processor, add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, avocado, basil, parsley, soy milk, sea salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add the avocado sauce to the pasta and stir to blend well. The hot pasta will warm the sauce, or you can heat over low heat on the stove until desired temperature. Serve immediately, since avocados brown in a couple of hours.
- Serves with cherry tomatoes. This time I did’t had tomatoes at home….
Do you like avocados, my happy pixels? How do you eat them? Do you have a favourite avocado recipe? Please, let me know in the comments below.