Hey pixels!! Last week was my first birthday as a blogger. During this first year I’ve been trying to improve my skills as a blogger. I think I’m doing it better now than at the beggining, but I also know there are things I have to improve even more.
Blogging is not as easy as most people think. It’s fun, but there are hard moments, too. I think the most important is not giving up and asking for help if you need it.
The following tips are based on what I’ve learnt during all this year. They are just tips, not rules.
- Write about your passions. If you’re not motivated, your readers will notice.
- Be kind; don’t ignore the commentars you receive. Interaction is important. Also, don’t forget you are writing for other people, not just for you. Talk to your blog friends and invite them to participate in your work.
- Plan carefully your weekly posts and work hard on them. Remember: quality over quantity.
- Use pictures. Edit your own or use a web with pictures you can use for free (like Unsplash.)
- Spread the word. Use social media. This is one of the things I should improve.
- Be honest. People know you’re not perfect, so don’t pretend to be.
- It’s ok to make mistakes. Next time you’re going to make it better.
- And the most important: be yourself. Don’t imitate another bloggers. Your blog should be your voice, so find your own way to express yourself and use it.
And here is the bonus!! THP first year top five!! Enjoy it!!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, my happy pixels!! Thanks for reading it!!
How do you work on your blogs? Do you have some advice to share?? Please, let me know in the comments below.